Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Barak the Antichrist? Probably Not.

Every time I get ready to write an article on a subject, someone comes along and says what I want to say. The real problem for me is that they say it so much better than I could.

What follows is an example. A few weeks ago I planned to write a post about the stuff being posted on the web saying that Barack Obama is the foretold Antichrist. I don't believe he is, by the way, and I'm not sure that any Christian alive today will ever know who he is. But that is a story for another post. I do think that Obama is a very good warm up act for the Man of Sin.

Roman Catholic writer Michael O'Brien who addresses this question quite well. He is the author of some very powerful apocalyptic fiction and is most known for the book Father Elijah. O'Brien especially focuses his attention on Roman Catholics who are supporting Obama although his words could be directed at most Christians of any stripe.

Here's the link to O'Brien's post:

http://www.lifesitenews.com/ldn/2008/nov/081103a.html

2 comments:

Connie Herringdine said...

I really have enjoyed your blog, especially during the recent weeks, and find your links a set of very interesting and thought-provoking sites. I have sent your url to several friends, too. Thanks for taking the time to inform us in this way.

The Shrinking Cleric said...

Connie,

Thanks for your comment. I'm glad the election is over at last. It has brought out sides of me that are not too pretty and I'll be glad to get back to more interesting topics.