Tuesday, July 22, 2008

One More Reason Why I Am an Anglican Catholic

I could rail on about the travesty of modern liturgy and the loss of the sense of the sacred. I could speak endless words about how the Church of Rome, indeed almost all contemporary churches, have abandoned their ancient and timeless liturgical principles. I could say all of these things, but I think the video below, filmed at World Youth Day 2008, says it better than I ever could:

http://www.gloria.tv/?video=arbjp2rmxsioabwnmvyn

4 comments:

D. Straw said...

This mass certainly added nothing to the awesomeness and mystery which is God contained in the Eucharist. Even though it was hurtful to watch, thank you for showing it to us. People need to understand how far and how deep apostasy has gotten into His Church.

The Shrinking Cleric said...

Thanks for your comment, Father. As I was watching the face of Pope Benedict, I didn't detect any sign that this was something that pleased him. I think that this would have been fascinating as a cultural study, but as liturgy???

D. Straw said...

I agree that Pope Benedict didn't look pleased. However, this shows that there is apostasy at the highest levels of the RCC in ROME itself. Scary stuff.

By the way...nice blog.

The Shrinking Cleric said...

Sadly, the Roman Church is as embattled as any other church in Christianity. Thanks for the compliment on the blog and best wishes in Christ.