Saturday, January 30, 2010

Another great article from the American Spectator

http://spectator.org/archives/2010/01/26/obama-prepares-to-squander-ano


I've been struggling for a while to figure out why I find myself so irritated by the president. I know there are many reasons, but I was curious as to the root cause of my irritation. Leave it to Mr. Obama himself to assist me in finding the cause. He said in his ABC interview, "I think we lost some of that sense of speaking directly to the American people about what their core values are and why we have to make sure those institutions are matching up with those values."

To my mind, this statement represents the full expression of the president's hubris. I find it insulting that Mr. Obama believes that it is his job to tell us, the American people, what our values are or should be. It is his job to listen to us about our values and to adjust his positions accordingly. The arrogance of the man, his administration, and the radical left from which they come, is nothing short of astounding. They should be removed from office as soon as the electorate has the opportunity.

3 comments:

Canon Tallis said...

Absolutely right on! But then the establishment media would not point out all the holes in life which needed to be filled with facts. They were simply too over the hill and for that matter, still are.

I am afraid that we are in for a long and dangerous period and one that threatens the Constitution as written and our liberties as Americans.

The Shrinking Cleric said...

Thanks, Canon Tallis, and I agree wholeheartedly with you. Of course, my main concern is for those of us who practice any type of traditional faith. I fear that we may well be some of the first to see our freedoms first limited, then eliminated.

Canon Tallis said...

They will certainly try and are already doing so. The question which we face is how cleverly we can counter what is being done and is going to be done to real Christians.