Tuesday, September 18, 2007

If you like pina coladas...

Now here's a story for the record books. A Bosnian couple has decided to divorce. In and of itself, that's not big news but read on to find out why. In a copyrighted news story yesterday, Ananova reports that the couple had met each other on an online chat room using assumed names. They shared their deepest concerns, fantasies and marital problems with each other never knowing that they were each talking to their own spouse!

When they arranged to meet, they were greeted with a shock. However, a Rupert Holmes moment (the creator of the song Escape) was not in store. They were so angry that they are now suing each other for divorce. The grounds? Adultery.

The woman said: "I thought I had found the love of my life. The way this Prince of Joy (his screen name) spoke to me, the things he wrote, the tenderness in every expression was something that I had never had in my marriage."

The man said: "I was so happy to have found a woman who finally understood me. Then it turned out that I hadn't found anyone new at all."

I say: This is absolutely nuts! This couple's problem is obviously one of communication not compatibility.

What do you say?

No comments: